I’ll be headed back to Austin in March 2013 for SXSW Interactive. Here’s why:
- People. SXSW interactive attracts people who are making things happen. Just about everyone who makes the investment for this event is serious about what they do. I go for the people.
- Health. No longer capitalized by skateboard riding technogeeks, health has made a clear mark (or tat) on SXSW. 2013 marks the 3rd year of the SXSW Health track and its only getting better. But if you’re looking for the same old social health drivel, I might suggest you stay at home.
- Ideas. The people who are making things happen come to share their ideas. Be it from the podium at a keynote or over a beer at the Iron Cactus, ideas clash.
- Energy. When ideas clash, there’s energy. Crazy energy. You have to be in the middle of it to understand.
- Austin. This speaks for itself.
- Accelerator. This year marks the 5th year of the Acelerator at SXSW. And look for another star-studded lineup of judges in one of the most popular categories, health. To enter your project in this year’s Accelerator, visit here. If you make it in, I’ll be watching from the front row.
So I look forward to seeing you in Austin March 8-12, 2013. Registration is now open. I should disclose that I’m thrilled to serve as an advisor to this year’s Health Track. And if I weren’t, I’d still be writing this.
And you might do your duty to God & Country by voting for the panels of your choice Not only will you help in the crowdsourcing of an amazing program, you can see what you might expect in Austin. Voting has been extended to the end of the day, Tuesday September 4th, 2012.
Share your pithy, one word reason for attending SXSW and I’ll add to the list above.